The bitter truth of F3
False. Fony. Fnot true. That’s what the three Fs really stand for!
I joined under the premise that it is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for all men.
I was misled. If you are tempted to attend one of these “free” workouts, read below for the real truth! I’ll break it down for you.
National: Well, this is true. F3 is popping up in damn near every city in the US, and multiplying everyday.
Free? Yeah right. Since I’ve joined over a year ago, I’ve dropped 20ish pounds and had to buy all new pants. Ok, so I’ve saved a little money since my doctor said I didn’t need to take my cholesterol medication anymore due to my weight loss and workout routine, but I would have saved so much more money if I just kept my fat jeans and slept in every morning.
Peer-led workouts? Let’s break that down a bit further.
- Peers: nope. These guys have found some inner beast to help me get into better shape than I have in years, also while organizing unbelievable charitable efforts for organizations and families we know in our own community. I had very little in common with these “peers” a year ago. Now they pushed me to lead… and on that note..
- Led: I thought I’d just follow someone’s lead. But without knowing, they immediately caused me to lead. They led by running behind me. Pushing, not pulling. Support in both a physical, emotional, and friendship level that I didn’t know I would get.
- Workouts: ok, there are now workouts all over town because a bunch of other guys drank the kool-aid and organized more workouts than I can count.
Before F3, I was perfectly content donating to causes here and there, tithing to my church, and buying Girl Scout cookies. But because of this scam, I’m now addicted and can’t wait to show up day after day. I can’t wait to see how we can help a family in town who’s struggling, or raise more money for various organizations than I ever imagined a bunch of over-worked men could raise.
I was told this was just a simple workout. I was sold a bill of goods. It’s way more than a workout.
There’s your warning.
2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
- Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them.
- You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
Leaders Leading Leaders
In a grade school lesson, a teacher was explaining a little bit about whales.
A little girl in class piped up and said: “I just learned that Jonah in the bible was swallowed by a whale.”
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was relatively small.
The girl said: “I am sure Jonah was swallowed by a whale.”
The teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; that it was physically impossible.
A bit perturbed by this, the teacher proclaimed: “That is a “story” from the bible, it is not factual, and I will not argue with you.”
After a little thought, the girl responded: “Well, when I get to heaven, I will ask Jonah”.
Now challenged, the teacher spouted: “What if Jonah didn’t go to heaven?”
Not at all daunted, the girl quipped, ” . . . . . ok then you ask him.”
Moral of the story is sometimes arguments can be risky.