I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
The people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. They either help us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves or encourage us to become lesser versions of ourselves.
We become like our friends. No man becomes great on his own. No woman becomes great on her own. The people around them help to make them great.
We all need people in our lives who raise our standards, remind us of our essential purpose, and challenge us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves.
You Must See Value in Yourself to Add Value to Yourself
- “Live with intention.
- Walk to the edge.
- Listen hard.
- Practice wellness.
- Play with abandon. Laugh.
- Choose with no regret.
- Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.”
Mary Anne Roadacher-Hershey
Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time, and energy needed to develop yourself.
If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect
“Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.”
“We forge the chains we wear in life.”
“If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you.”
Leaders Leading Leaders
- A friend is a tissue when you can’t stop crying
- A friend is a shoulder when you feel like dying
- A friend always listens when you have something to say
- A friend is a week when you just need a day
- A friend is a crutch when you have a broken heart
- A friend is some glue when everything falls apart
- A friend is a sun when the rain just won’t stop
- A friend is your mom when you run into a cop
- A friend is a phone call when you can’t leave your home
- A friend is a hand when you feel all alone
- A friend is a wing if you want to fly
- A friend understands without knowing why
- A friend is an ear for a secret to tell
- A friend is an aspirin when you feel unwell
- A friend is a love that can never let go