A message to the #HIM of F3Princeton on 3.14 day, 2020, at Circle of Trust – expanded edition
These are crazy times we are living now.
It’s a beautiful day in the middle of March, and we have experienced the sunrise during our workout, including seeing our 20 feet long shadows as the sun was low on the horizon.
Yet, it’s like a snow day or days we experienced after Hurricane Sandy, but we still have electrical power. Your calendar is totally clear of social events. The schools have shifted to virtual at-home instruction. Sporting events are not happening, including the Philadelphia Half-Marathon where two of our brothers, Black Hole and RedCoat, were going to run. Even your workplace is telling you not to come into the office for a while. Strange times, indeed.
And here we are. Doing what we have been doing over the course of the last year, multiple times during the week – Getting After It. Through our times together here, we have become and continue to become stronger men physically. We have grown from a bunch of guys getting together to workout into a brotherhood that shows active love, care, and concern for one another. We are making steps to make an impact on our community, such as supporting Steam in his work with Attitudes in Reverse, and its mission to create a community of understanding, kindness and empathy through mental health education and awareness and help with suicide prevention. We are supportive of Black Hole and the Let Me Run program in the Hopewell Valley. We have reached beyond ourselves to our F3 Brothers supporting brothers in need in Naperville, IL, and we support the efforts of our F3 Greensboro brothers to build a playground in an underserved area of Greensboro, NC. We are making a difference, and that will continue to happen.
So, in these trying times, how can you help out the guy next door? Our “gym” is outside and always open. You can’t beat the price. It’s free. And in this time of social distancing and self-isolation, you might just make some new friends. We will even buy you a coffee after your first workout. Give consideration to whom you might want to invite to join us. What we have and what we do is what many men need right now. There are no “Closed” signs here.
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
“LEAD. It is times like these that we now get to put into practice all this stuff we’ve talked about over the years. We have attempted to get ready for the expected, while staying ready for the unexpected… this is truly unexpected, unprecedented even… Lean in, do good, find a way to be useful and of service to your family and your community (even if that truly is staying home because you aren’t sure if you’ve been infected) and then articulate your vision of how you intend to help people… persuade them to join in the help, and exhort them as necessary.
Men, THIS is the kind of thing that we were made for. THIS is the kind of thing that you’ve been getting ready for by posting and living third. Go make cool stuff happen… we will get through this just fine.
F3 President “Dark Helmet” in his message to the F3Nation on 13 March 2020
We continue to become durable and resilient men. Our nation and our communities need to see this modeled and lived out strongly now – facing the reality of the present situation, being men of hope, courage, and fortitude in these changing times, in our neighborhoods, in our communities and in our workplaces.
Let’s make a difference now.
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
Be careful to obey all these words that I command you, that it may go well with you and with your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the Lord your God.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him
- “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. Steven Furtik
- “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones that are worth hurting for.”Bob Marley
- “Life is really very simple. What we give out, we get back. Every thought we think is creating our future.” Louise Hay
Daily Storytelling Time
We make them cry who care for us.
We cry for those who never care for us.
And we care for those who will never cry for us.
This is the truth of life., its strange but true.
Once you realize this, its never too late to change.
- Bad is Easy, Good is Hard
- Losing is Easy, Winning is Hard.
- Talking is Easy, Listening is Hard.
- Watching TV is Easy, Reading is Hard.
- Giving advice is Easy, Taking advice is Hard.
- Flab is Easy, Muscle is Hard.
- Stop is Easy, Go is Hard.
- Dirty is Easy, Clean is Hard.
- Take is Easy, Give is Hard.
- Dream is Easy, Think is Hard.
- Lying is Easy, Truth is Hard.
- Sleeping is Easy, Waking is Hard.
- Talking about God is Easy, Pray to God is Hard.
- Holding a grudge is Easy, Forgiving is Hard.
- Telling a secret is Easy, Keeping a secret is Hard.
- Play is Easy, Work is Hard.
- Falling is Easy, Getting up is Hard.
- Spending is Easy, Saving is Hard.
- Eating is Easy, Dieting is Hard.
- Doubt is Easy, Faith is Hard.
- Laughter is Easy, Tears are Hard.
- Criticizing is Easy, Taking criticism is Hard.
- Letting go is Easy, Hanging on is Hard.
- Secret sin is Easy, Confession is Hard.
- Pride is Easy, Humility is Hard.
- Excusing oneself is Easy, Excusing others is Hard.
- Borrowing is Easy, Paying back is Hard.
- Argument is Easy, Negotiation is Hard.
- Naughty is Easy, Nice is Hard.
- Going along is Easy, Walking alone is Hard.
- Dumb is Easy, Smart is Hard.
- Cowardice is Easy, Bravery is Hard.
- Messy is Easy, Neat is Hard.
- War is Easy, Peace is Hard.
- Sarcasm is Easy, Sincerity is Hard.
- Growing weeds is Easy, Growing flowers is Hard.
- Reaction is Easy, Action is Hard.
- Can’t do is Easy, Can do is Hard.
- Feasting is Easy, Fasting is Hard.
- Following is Easy, Leading is Hard.
- Having friend is Easy, Being a friend is Hard.
- Dying is Easy, Living is Hard.
The best things about life are Hard. You have to work hard to get them. That is life!Do The Hard Things In Life. They matter most the succeed